Receiving Jesus in the Holy Eucharist


When we receive Jesus in the Eucharist, we really receive Him.  Our Lord, our Redeemer comes personally to us.  After Holy Mass, it is good to stop and stay for a while in thanksgiving to talk to Him, listen to Him and give Him our prayers and petitions at this time.  It is sad that we walk away after Mass too quickly and leave Jesus alone and I have done it myself, often taking Him very much for granted.  Lord help me to be more attentive to your presence, when I receive You in Holy Communion. 

In the Diary of St. Faustina, Jesus lamented the following..

 "When I come to a human heart in Holy Communion," He said, "My hands are full of all kinds of graces which I want to give to the soul. But souls do not even pay attention to Me; they leave Me to Myself and busy themselves with other things. ... They treat Me as a dead object"

(Diary of St. Faustina, 1385)

* * * * * *

The following are words from St. Therese of Lisieux

"Receive Communion often, very often...there you have the sole remedy, if you want to be cured. Jesus has not put this attraction in your heart for nothing..."

"The guest of our soul knows our misery; He comes to find an empty tent within us - that is all He asks."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments. Anonymous comments are no longer taken.