Relic of Blessed Fr. Michael Sopocko (Spiritual Director to Saint Faustina)

The relic of Bl. Michael Sopocko was brought to St. Audeons Church, High Street, Dublin  (which is run by the Polish Chaplaincy) on Thursday 8th July, by  Archbishop Edward Ozorowski , of the Metropolitan Archdiocese of Białystok.    He also visited St. Mary's oratory in Buncrana in Donegal and St. Agnes' Church in Belfast during the week.  News on the visit to Buncrana can be found at http://www.inishowennews.com/06PolishMass0567.htm)

This was a great privilege for the Polish community here in Ireland and also for the Irish and especially for those who are part of the Divine Mercy apostolate.  Fr. Sopocko suffered much for the sake of the Divine Mercy and in the Diary, St. Faustina relates the following; 

'One day, I saw interiorly how much my confessor would have to suffer: friends will desert you while everyone will rise up against you and your physical strength will diminish. I saw you as a bunch of grapes chosen by the Lord and thrown into the press of suffering. Your soul, Father, will at times be filled with doubts about this work and about me.

I saw that God Himself seemed to be opposing [him], and I asked the Lord why He was acting in this way toward him, as though He were placing obstacles in the way of his doing what He Himself had asked him to do. And the Lord said, "I am acting thus with him to give testimony that this work is Mine. Tell him not to fear anything; My gaze is on him day and night. There will be as many crowns to form his crown as there will be souls saved by this work. It is not for the success of a work, but for the suffering that I give reward (90)."
 
And to this day, the Divine Mercy devotion is continually opposed by some people in the Church, who put obstacles before it.  For some reason God allows this.  To me the Divine Mercy is the most important devotion now for the world as God is cleansing the Church with His Mercy and preparing it for His coming which He promised in the Diary.
 
You will prepare the world for My final coming. (Diary 429)
Speak to the world about My mercy ... It is a sign for the end times. After it will come the Day of Justice. While there is still time, let them have recourse to the fountain of My mercy. (Diary 848)
Tell souls about this great mercy of Mine, because the awful day, the day of My justice, is near. (Diary 965).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments. Anonymous comments are no longer taken.