The Divine Mercy


The Image of Divine Mercy is an Image of great grace. It is not just a picture. Jesus appeared to the Polish nun, St. Faustina on Feb 22nd 1931 and asked her to have the Image painted as He appeared to her. The Rays of Mercy that flow from His heart signify the Blood and Water. The pale ray stands for making the souls righteous and the red ray stands for the blood which is the life of souls. The following in italics are the words of Jesus to St. Faustina..

Paint an image according to the pattern you see, with the signature: Jesus I trust in You. I desire that this image be venerated, first in your chapel, and throughout the world. (Diary 47)

I promise that the soul that will venerate this image will not perish. I also promise victory over its enemies already here on earth, especially at the hour of death. I myself will defend it as My own glory. (Diary 48)

I am offering people a vessel with which they are to keep coming for graces to the fountain of mercy. That vessel is this image with the signature" :    Jesus, I trust in You." (Diary 327)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments. Anonymous comments are no longer taken.